Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili met today in Baku with Ilham Aliyev, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
THE PRESIDENT OF TURKMENISTAN RECEIVED THE CHAIRMAN OF THE UNION OF CHAMBERS AND COMMODITY EXCHANGES OF TURKIYE
On April 5, 2023, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov received the Chairman of the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of the Republic of Turkiye, Rifat Hisarciklioglu.
Noting the ongoing nature of the interstate dialogue, based on the inviolable bonds of friendship and brotherhood of the peoples of the two countries, the head of state stated that in recent years a rich and positive experience of mutually beneficial cooperation has been accumulated, which allows bringing Turkmen-Turkish relations to a qualitatively new level.
The participation of companies of the fraternal country in the development and modernization of important sectors of the national economy clearly evidences the effectiveness of the Turkmen-Turkish partnership, the President of Turkmenistan said, focusing on the indicators of trade and economic cooperation between the two countries.
In continuation of the meeting, an exchange of views took place on the prospects for further cooperation, which has a solid potential. The subject of detailed discussion was the development of mutual trade.
The comprehensive socio-economic programs implemented in Turkmenistan create favorable conditions for expanding fruitful cooperation, the President of Turkmenistan said, expressing the readiness of our country to further expand relations with the Republic of Turkiye in the fuel and energy and chemical complexes, textile and food industries, as well as in transport and communication and agricultural sectors, which are priority areas of the national economy.
At the end of the meeting, the President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov conveyed warm greetings and wishes of good health, prosperity and success to the President of the Republic of Turkiye Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Georgian President Salome Zourabichvili has left for the U.S. to address the 67th session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), slated for 6-17 March 2023.
The President will also meet with UN Secretary-General António Guterres, UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed, UN Women Executive Director Sima Sami Bahous, and UNDP Administrator Achim Steiner.
Zourabichvili will hold bilateral meetings with New York Mayor, Eric Adams, and the Presidents of the countries participating in the forum.
She will also visit Yale and Harvard Universities to deliver a public lecture at the Harvard Kennedy School.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE TURKEY EXPRESSED GRATITUDE TOWARDS RESCUERS WORKING IN TURKEY FOR THEIR SERVICE
President of the Republic of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, arrived in Antakya, Hatay province, where the members of the Georgian rescue team, together with the rescue services of different countries are carrying out liquidation and rescue measures for the consequences of the earthquake.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has shared a twitter post over the treacherous attack on the embassy of Azerbaijan in Tehran.
“I strongly condemn a terrorist act committed today against our embassy in Tehran. I express deep condolence to the family and relatives of senior lieutenant Askarov Orkhan Rizvan oğlu killed while ensuring the security of the embassy and its employees. We demand the soonest investigation into the terrorist act and punishment of the terrorists. The terrorist attack on the diplomatic mission is unacceptable!” the post reads.
President of Turkmenistan and President of PRC signed a package of bilateral documents by the outcome of talksFriday, 06 January 2023 15:39
In Beijing, by the outcome of talks, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and President of PRC Xi Jinping signed a package of bilateral documents.
Leaders of the two states signed the Joint Statement of Turkmenistan and the People’s Republic of China.
The following documents were also signed:
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China for 2023-2024;
- Protocol on introduction of amendments to the Agreement between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on establishment of the Turkmen-Chinese Cooperation Committee on August 29, 2008;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on facilitation of investment cooperation in digital economy;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on facilitation of investment cooperation in green development;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on connection of the “Revival of the great Silk Road” and “One Belt One Road” international initiatives;
- Plan of cooperation between the Ministry of Culture of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China for 2023-2026;
- News Exchange and Cooperation Agreement between the State News Agency of Turkmenistan and Xinhua News Agency of the of the People’s Republic of China;
- Memorandum of understanding on mutual cooperation between the State News Agency of Turkmenistan and People's Daily (People’s Republic of China);
- Memorandum of cooperation in information and news between the State Committee for Television, Radio Broadcasting and Cinematography of Turkmenistan and the China Media Group;
- Actions Plan in the field of healthcare between the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan and the National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China for 2023-2027;
- Memorandum of cooperation between the National Olympic Council of Turkmenistan and the Chinese Olympic Committee;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between State Committee of Turkmenistan on Physical Culture and Sports and the General Administration of Sport of the People’s Republic of China on cooperation in sports;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between «Türkmengaz» State Concern and the China National Petroleum Corporation on cooperation in gas sphere;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the International Oil and Gas University named after Yagshygeldi Kakayev (Turkmenistan) and China National Petroleum Corporation (People’s Republic of China);
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Turkmen state university named after Magtymguly (Turkmenistan) and Beijing Foreign Studies University (People’s Republic of China).
On December 11, 2022, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov received the head of the Turkish company Polimeks Inşaat Taahhüt we Sanaýi Tijaret A.Ş. Erol Tabanca.
Expressing gratitude for the time devoted to the meeting, the businessman congratulated the head of state on the upcoming holiday - the International Day of Neutrality, noting that he was sincerely proud of the achievements of Turkmenistan in the new historical era.
Thanking for the warm congratulations and good wishes, as well as for participating in the celebrations on the occasion of the 27th anniversary of the neutral status of Turkmenistan, twice secured by the Resolutions of the UN General Assembly, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov noted that he was glad to welcome the guest to the ancient and hospitable Turkmen land.
Turkmenistan is in favor of establishing long-term partnerships with leading foreign companies, the head of state said, stating with satisfaction that Turkish companies, including Polimeks, have been successfully operating in the country for all these years, which have implemented a number of social and industrial projects.
Noting the proactive approach to cooperation on the part of Polimeks, which has established itself as a reliable and responsible partner, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov stressed that our state in its economic development is oriented towards attracting innovative developments of well-known foreign corporations and is ready for mutually beneficial cooperation.
Expressing the great interest of Polimeks in further participation in the large-scale reform programs implemented at the initiative of the President of Turkmenistan, designed to strengthen the power and authority of Turkmenistan, Erol Tabanca assured that the company he leads will continue to make every effort to clearly and rigorously fulfill its contractual obligations.
PRESIDENT SERDAR BERDIMUHAMEDOV MET WITH DEPUTY CHAIRMAN OF THE CABINET OF MINISTERS, MINISTER OF PRESIDENTIAL AFFAIRS OF THE UAETuesday, 22 November 2022 15:30
On November 21, 2022, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov, as part of an official visit to the United Arab Emirates, met with Deputy Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers, Minister of Presidential Affairs of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The head of Turkmenistan expressed his heartfelt gratitude for the warm welcome and conveyed greetings from the Chairman of the Halk Maslakhaty of the Milli Gengesh Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov.
During the meeting, the importance of intensifying trade and economic ties was emphasized, issues of interaction in a number of promising areas were discussed, including in the fuel and energy sector, as well as in such areas as the oil refining, gas chemical industry and transport.
Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan confirmed the readiness of the UAE business community to expand a productive partnership with Turkmenistan, which is successfully implementing a far-sighted economic strategy.
The parties also noted the importance of building partnerships in the transport sector, in particular, in the field of maritime, rail and air traffic. In this context, the head of Turkmenistan stressed the relevance of establishing contacts with the International Port of Abu Dhabi in order to join the International Seaport of Turkmenbashi to the system of seaports of the world.
The interlocutors spoke for the importance of giving a new impetus to the activities of the Joint Committee on Cooperation between Turkmenistan and the United Arab Emirates, as well as for the expediency of holding regular meetings between representatives of the business circles of the two countries.
A proposal was also made to create a joint bank and open its representative office in both countries. President Serdar Berdimuhamedov supported this proposal, noting that Turkmenistan would create all opportunities for this.
Saying goodbye, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and Deputy Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers, Minister of Presidential Affairs of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan expressed confidence that the mutual desire to increase dialogue would be effectively implemented in practice for the benefit of the peoples of both countries.
President Serdar Berdimuhamedov took part online in the opening ceremony of bus stations in the administrative centers of four regions of Turkmenistan, held on Saturday.
New passenger bus stations opened alternately in Balkanabat, Dashoguz, Turkmenabat and Mary.
The Head of State watched the festive ceremony in a teleconference mode. In his speech to the participants of the celebration, the Turkmen leader noted that the commissioning of new bus stations is an important event in the development of the automotive industry of Turkmenistan, improving transport services to the population.
New bus terminal complexes have standard technical parameters. Each of them occupies an area of 30 thousand square meters, has a capacity of 700 passengers. In the passenger terminal, in addition to the 140-seat waiting room, there are shops, cafeterias, pharmacies, a medical center, a play area for children, etc. At local ticket offices, you can buy tickets not only for bus flights, but also for plane and train. A cargo terminal is provided.
On behalf of the President of the country, new buses and taxis were transferred to the regions.
During a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the SCO summit, the President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov noted the high level of bilateral political relations between the countries, the Kremlin website reports.
This is also confirmed by mutual visits at the highest level – on June 10, the Turkmen leader paid an official visit to Moscow, and on June 29, the head of the Russian Federation visited Ashgabat to participate in the Caspian Summit.
The President of Turkmenistan also noted the strengthening of inter-parliamentary networks, a great impulse to the development of which was given by the first Inter-Parliamentary Forum of Central Asian countries and the Russian Federation, held in Ashgabat.