Statement of the Administration of the President
The process of national accord initiated by the President is a complex and difficult process that is both open and transparent and in no way secretive. In recent days, various information has been spread, the source of which is not the Administration of the President.
At the beginning stage of the national accord process, the President is listening to everyone and holding meetings and is interested in the views, initiatives and positions of various societal groups, all of which are part of the greater national accord process.
It should be noted that not only political parties but also the public at large, including representatives of non-governmental organizations working on victims’ issues, are involved in this process.
The President has already held meetings with the Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia, former President Giorgi Margvelashvili and representatives of political parties. The process continues and the President continues to hold active meetings.
President Ilham Aliyev shares twitter post over attack on Azerbaijan’s embassy in Iran
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has shared a twitter post over the treacherous attack on the embassy of Azerbaijan in Tehran.
“I strongly condemn a terrorist act committed today against our embassy in Tehran. I express deep condolence to the family and relatives of senior lieutenant Askarov Orkhan Rizvan oğlu killed while ensuring the security of the embassy and its employees. We demand the soonest investigation into the terrorist act and punishment of the terrorists. The terrorist attack on the diplomatic mission is unacceptable!” the post reads.
President of Turkmenistan and President of PRC signed a package of bilateral documents by the outcome of talks
In Beijing, by the outcome of talks, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and President of PRC Xi Jinping signed a package of bilateral documents.
Leaders of the two states signed the Joint Statement of Turkmenistan and the People’s Republic of China.
The following documents were also signed:
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China for 2023-2024;
- Protocol on introduction of amendments to the Agreement between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on establishment of the Turkmen-Chinese Cooperation Committee on August 29, 2008;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on facilitation of investment cooperation in digital economy;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on facilitation of investment cooperation in green development;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on connection of the “Revival of the great Silk Road” and “One Belt One Road” international initiatives;
- Plan of cooperation between the Ministry of Culture of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China for 2023-2026;
- News Exchange and Cooperation Agreement between the State News Agency of Turkmenistan and Xinhua News Agency of the of the People’s Republic of China;
- Memorandum of understanding on mutual cooperation between the State News Agency of Turkmenistan and People's Daily (People’s Republic of China);
- Memorandum of cooperation in information and news between the State Committee for Television, Radio Broadcasting and Cinematography of Turkmenistan and the China Media Group;
- Actions Plan in the field of healthcare between the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan and the National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China for 2023-2027;
- Memorandum of cooperation between the National Olympic Council of Turkmenistan and the Chinese Olympic Committee;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between State Committee of Turkmenistan on Physical Culture and Sports and the General Administration of Sport of the People’s Republic of China on cooperation in sports;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between «Türkmengaz» State Concern and the China National Petroleum Corporation on cooperation in gas sphere;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the International Oil and Gas University named after Yagshygeldi Kakayev (Turkmenistan) and China National Petroleum Corporation (People’s Republic of China);
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Turkmen state university named after Magtymguly (Turkmenistan) and Beijing Foreign Studies University (People’s Republic of China).
Address by the President
This briefing was not scheduled. Today, anyway, I wasn't going to do anything, and when I heard that the rally was going to be held here, it was my decision and my desire to join the people with whom I shared many battles (I'm not talking here about electoral battles) in those dark days when we fought together against the criminal and unfair regime of Misha Saakashvili. I came out there for these people, not for some protesters, I don't know who, to show up in the palace, that's not the right format, and I'm sure that wasn't the intention of the people who spearheaded it.
Those people whom I respect very much because of all this and our common past, have come to the palace many times and know that my door is open, everyone has the opportunity to ask for a meeting, and I’ve shown it recently that I meet everyone, and not only those with whom these battles I have shared, and I will continue to do so.
Now I want to go back to what I wanted to say earlier and couldn't finish what I had to say, and I want to continue to say it through you, and for that, I want to thank you once again.
First, let me say: I know that this demonstration was not only organized by those people, but it was accompanied by various message boxes that have been circulating these days. This was deliberately done in order to put pressure on the President from those people, from the party whose leaders were nowhere in 2007 (I say 2007, because this is the period when everything happened and everything was clear.)
These people, who today threaten me with my career or in different ways and believe that they could threaten me, were not there then, and now they ask me about my morale and teach me how to fight against Saakashvili, who is already fallen.
I wonder where these people have been since 2007. I will tell you, one was in Misha's staff and stayed there for a long time. Another one was in "Cartu Bank", well-paid. Others were in other positions and I don't want to make it personal now, but they were nowhere so how can they ask about my morals? What can they teach me, I wonder?! The same goes for that quartet that walks around saying stuff.
It is very clear that here, there is some kind of joint game between different forces, which are supposedly very opposed. But in reality, who ‘pardoned’ Murusidze and Chinchaladze? Was it me? If so, when? I don't know, tell me! I think that the very power that is teaching me wisdom today, not only pardoned them, but placed them in such places, from which no one can remove them, and from which they also very effectively block our way to Europe.
Who is this for? Why don't we ask this?! Before the rally comes to me (when I say coming - I'm talking about the rally, not about the people who are coming to meet, have been coming and I hope they will come here again.)
What is the agreement between these two powers? On the one hand, bringing Misha. Why did some of them advised, urged him to come down here, launch a revolution, claiming people would come out for him.
On the other side, those who were playing with Georgian emotions and antagonizing him: ‘if you’re brave, come here. Don’t be lazy, come here.’
Both were excited about Misha's arrival and we can see why. Because we have been living in this for a year already and more. A year later, we are completely stuck around Misha, in arguments, disputes, fights, there is no other topic, it is impossible to raise another topic, the country is sinking around this issue, and this suits both sides.
For one side, it is probably because it cannot see other plans, because it no longer has an answer to any of the questions that society should ask its government, and I don't know what I have to do with it, but it is unacceptable. Or they don't know me, maybe they don't know me, I don't know, they still haven’t learned who I was for so many years, but pressure on the institution (and not to mention a woman and the president) that is happening today is unacceptable. This bullying, (by the way, I don't know where are those NGO people who should express something about bullying), direct blackmail, threats, humiliation are unacceptable
And here look, there’s a "Russian village" at my doorstep, and what does that mean? In no other country, in front of the president's palace, such a village, especially in this tense period, would be built, but there are different opinions and different tastes about it.
Then they threaten me with “career”, as if I could kiss my career goodbye, as if I wanted some other career, they forget how old I am, but if anyone knows me in this country, they will also know that I left my career over there a long time ago, that I am only interested in this country, I am interested only in the European future of this country, which for some reason everyone is fighting against, no one can see that our society wants this and our society will continue to want it regardless of everything - here I am, here you are and we will go on this path, despite everyone's pressure and attempts to blackmail in different ways.
French Ambassador Presents Credentials
H.E. Sheraz Gasri, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the French Republic to Georgia, presented her letter of credence to President Salome Zourabichvili at the Orbeliani Palace.
Administration of the President
THE PRESIDENT OF TURKMENISTAN RECEIVED THE HEAD OF THE POLIMEKS COMPANY
On December 11, 2022, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov received the head of the Turkish company Polimeks Inşaat Taahhüt we Sanaýi Tijaret A.Ş. Erol Tabanca.
Expressing gratitude for the time devoted to the meeting, the businessman congratulated the head of state on the upcoming holiday - the International Day of Neutrality, noting that he was sincerely proud of the achievements of Turkmenistan in the new historical era.
Thanking for the warm congratulations and good wishes, as well as for participating in the celebrations on the occasion of the 27th anniversary of the neutral status of Turkmenistan, twice secured by the Resolutions of the UN General Assembly, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov noted that he was glad to welcome the guest to the ancient and hospitable Turkmen land.
Turkmenistan is in favor of establishing long-term partnerships with leading foreign companies, the head of state said, stating with satisfaction that Turkish companies, including Polimeks, have been successfully operating in the country for all these years, which have implemented a number of social and industrial projects.
Noting the proactive approach to cooperation on the part of Polimeks, which has established itself as a reliable and responsible partner, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov stressed that our state in its economic development is oriented towards attracting innovative developments of well-known foreign corporations and is ready for mutually beneficial cooperation.
Expressing the great interest of Polimeks in further participation in the large-scale reform programs implemented at the initiative of the President of Turkmenistan, designed to strengthen the power and authority of Turkmenistan, Erol Tabanca assured that the company he leads will continue to make every effort to clearly and rigorously fulfill its contractual obligations.