Vienna-based Georgian Musicians Help Development of Georgian Culture, Respond to President’s Initiative
Days following the official visit of President Salome Zourabichvili to the Republic of Austria, during which she called on Vienna-based Georgian cultural figures to participate in the development of Georgia, musicians Ketevan Sepashvili and Temo Kharshiladze took on the call and sent rare-edition music sheet books that were presented to the Talent Decade Tbilisi Musical School by Mr. Vladimer Onoprishvili, Advisor to the President on Cultural Affairs.
The Vienna musicians also gifted CDs of the works of Giya Kancheli, which the Administration sets to distribute as presents to high-level guests in a move to popularize Georgian music.
Georgian President visits U.S.
Georgian President Salome Zourabichvili has left for the U.S. to address the 67th session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), slated for 6-17 March 2023.
The President will also meet with UN Secretary-General António Guterres, UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed, UN Women Executive Director Sima Sami Bahous, and UNDP Administrator Achim Steiner.
Zourabichvili will hold bilateral meetings with New York Mayor, Eric Adams, and the Presidents of the countries participating in the forum.
She will also visit Yale and Harvard Universities to deliver a public lecture at the Harvard Kennedy School.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE TURKEY EXPRESSED GRATITUDE TOWARDS RESCUERS WORKING IN TURKEY FOR THEIR SERVICE
President of the Republic of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, arrived in Antakya, Hatay province, where the members of the Georgian rescue team, together with the rescue services of different countries are carrying out liquidation and rescue measures for the consequences of the earthquake.The President of the Republic of Turkey personally met with the representatives of different countries and got familiarized with the progress of the rescue operation on the spot.Recep Tayyip Erdogan personally thanked the rescue teams involved in the liquidation and rescue measures of the earthquake aftermath.Firefighters and rescuers of the Emergency Situations Management Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia are carrying out liquidation and rescue measures for the consequences of the earthquake until now in Hatay Province, in the city of Antakya, in coordination with the Turkish side.The Georgian rescue team was deployed in the Republic of Turkey by the decision of the Prime Minister of Georgia.
President Ilham Aliyev shares twitter post over attack on Azerbaijan’s embassy in Iran
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has shared a twitter post over the treacherous attack on the embassy of Azerbaijan in Tehran.
“I strongly condemn a terrorist act committed today against our embassy in Tehran. I express deep condolence to the family and relatives of senior lieutenant Askarov Orkhan Rizvan oğlu killed while ensuring the security of the embassy and its employees. We demand the soonest investigation into the terrorist act and punishment of the terrorists. The terrorist attack on the diplomatic mission is unacceptable!” the post reads.
President of Turkmenistan and President of PRC signed a package of bilateral documents by the outcome of talks
In Beijing, by the outcome of talks, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and President of PRC Xi Jinping signed a package of bilateral documents.
Leaders of the two states signed the Joint Statement of Turkmenistan and the People’s Republic of China.
The following documents were also signed:
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China for 2023-2024;
- Protocol on introduction of amendments to the Agreement between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on establishment of the Turkmen-Chinese Cooperation Committee on August 29, 2008;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on facilitation of investment cooperation in digital economy;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on facilitation of investment cooperation in green development;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on connection of the “Revival of the great Silk Road” and “One Belt One Road” international initiatives;
- Plan of cooperation between the Ministry of Culture of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China for 2023-2026;
- News Exchange and Cooperation Agreement between the State News Agency of Turkmenistan and Xinhua News Agency of the of the People’s Republic of China;
- Memorandum of understanding on mutual cooperation between the State News Agency of Turkmenistan and People's Daily (People’s Republic of China);
- Memorandum of cooperation in information and news between the State Committee for Television, Radio Broadcasting and Cinematography of Turkmenistan and the China Media Group;
- Actions Plan in the field of healthcare between the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan and the National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China for 2023-2027;
- Memorandum of cooperation between the National Olympic Council of Turkmenistan and the Chinese Olympic Committee;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between State Committee of Turkmenistan on Physical Culture and Sports and the General Administration of Sport of the People’s Republic of China on cooperation in sports;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between «Türkmengaz» State Concern and the China National Petroleum Corporation on cooperation in gas sphere;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the International Oil and Gas University named after Yagshygeldi Kakayev (Turkmenistan) and China National Petroleum Corporation (People’s Republic of China);
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Turkmen state university named after Magtymguly (Turkmenistan) and Beijing Foreign Studies University (People’s Republic of China).
French Ambassador Presents Credentials
H.E. Sheraz Gasri, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the French Republic to Georgia, presented her letter of credence to President Salome Zourabichvili at the Orbeliani Palace.
Administration of the President
Silk Road Tbilisi Forum 2015 has started
Silk Road Tbilisi 2015 forum started today. Following the success of the inaugural Routes Silk Road...
Agreement between SES and GEE
A new multi-year agreement was signed between worldwide satellite operator SES and Global Eagle Ente...
Visa free regime to impose for 15 February
The visa regime imposed by Georgia to Iran has been cancelled for 15 February,” -the Deputy Ambassad...
USA to allocate 63 million US dollars for Georgia
U.S. Department of State to allocate 63 million US dollars for Georgia. According to the budgetary d...