2020 PUBLIC OPINION POLL ABOUT THE EUROPEAN UNION
The EU-funded ‘EU NEIGHBOURS east’ project has conducted the 2020 opinion poll in the six countries of the Eastern Partnership (EaP) - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine. The survey (field work) took place between February and March 2020 (before COVID-19 crisis) and was based upon face-to-face interviews among a representative sample of 1,000 people per country. The annual surveys are now into their fifth year, with the first wave having been carried out in 2016. The results from the six Eastern partner countries are presented in national reports and a consolidated regional overview report.
Here below are the key findings in GEORGIA – more details may be found in the factsheets and report at the links indicated below.
- 77% of Georgians feel relations with the European Union are good.
- 69% of people in Georgia trust the EU, while only 28% trust the Eurasian Economic Union.
- 49% of Georgians have a positive image of the European Union (EU). Only 7% of Georgianshave a negative view of the EU.
- 61% of Georgians are aware of the EU’s financial support to the country, and 69% of them consider the support to be effective.
- Georgia report & factsheets 2020:
- ENG: https://www.euneighbours.eu/en/east/stay-informed/publications/opinion-survey-2020-georgia
- RUS: https://www.euneighbours.eu/ru/vostok/stay-informed/publications/opros-obschestvennogo-mneniya-2020-gruziya
- GEO: https://www.euneighbours.eu/ka/east/stay-informed/publications/sazogadoebrivi-azris-gamokitkhva-2020-c-sakartvelo
- Regional overview 2020 (all EaP countries):