President Margvelashvili to Pay a Visit to Batumi
The President of Georgia, H.E. Giorgi Margvelashvili will pay a visit to Batumi and attend the Conference of European Constitutional Courts’ XVII Congress on the topic of the "Role of Constitutional Courts in upholding and applying Constitutional Principles".
President Margvelashvili will deliver a speech at the conference and address chairmen of more than 40 European countries’ constitutional courts.
Official reception will be held for the participants of the conference, on behalf of President Margvelashvili.
Aside the member states of the European constitutional courts, the President of the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe, Mr. Gianni Buquicchio will also take part in the conference. Mr. Buquicchio will hold a meeting with President Margvelashvili on June 29 and discuss issues related to the constitutional reform of Georgia.
President Ilham Aliyev shares twitter post over attack on Azerbaijan’s embassy in Iran
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has shared a twitter post over the treacherous attack on the embassy of Azerbaijan in Tehran.
“I strongly condemn a terrorist act committed today against our embassy in Tehran. I express deep condolence to the family and relatives of senior lieutenant Askarov Orkhan Rizvan oğlu killed while ensuring the security of the embassy and its employees. We demand the soonest investigation into the terrorist act and punishment of the terrorists. The terrorist attack on the diplomatic mission is unacceptable!” the post reads.
President of Turkmenistan and President of PRC signed a package of bilateral documents by the outcome of talks
In Beijing, by the outcome of talks, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and President of PRC Xi Jinping signed a package of bilateral documents.
Leaders of the two states signed the Joint Statement of Turkmenistan and the People’s Republic of China.
The following documents were also signed:
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China for 2023-2024;
- Protocol on introduction of amendments to the Agreement between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on establishment of the Turkmen-Chinese Cooperation Committee on August 29, 2008;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on facilitation of investment cooperation in digital economy;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on facilitation of investment cooperation in green development;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on connection of the “Revival of the great Silk Road” and “One Belt One Road” international initiatives;
- Plan of cooperation between the Ministry of Culture of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China for 2023-2026;
- News Exchange and Cooperation Agreement between the State News Agency of Turkmenistan and Xinhua News Agency of the of the People’s Republic of China;
- Memorandum of understanding on mutual cooperation between the State News Agency of Turkmenistan and People's Daily (People’s Republic of China);
- Memorandum of cooperation in information and news between the State Committee for Television, Radio Broadcasting and Cinematography of Turkmenistan and the China Media Group;
- Actions Plan in the field of healthcare between the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan and the National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China for 2023-2027;
- Memorandum of cooperation between the National Olympic Council of Turkmenistan and the Chinese Olympic Committee;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between State Committee of Turkmenistan on Physical Culture and Sports and the General Administration of Sport of the People’s Republic of China on cooperation in sports;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between «Türkmengaz» State Concern and the China National Petroleum Corporation on cooperation in gas sphere;
- Memorandum of mutual understanding between the International Oil and Gas University named after Yagshygeldi Kakayev (Turkmenistan) and China National Petroleum Corporation (People’s Republic of China);
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Turkmen state university named after Magtymguly (Turkmenistan) and Beijing Foreign Studies University (People’s Republic of China).
THE PRESIDENT OF TURKMENISTAN RECEIVED THE HEAD OF THE POLIMEKS COMPANY
On December 11, 2022, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov received the head of the Turkish company Polimeks Inşaat Taahhüt we Sanaýi Tijaret A.Ş. Erol Tabanca.
Expressing gratitude for the time devoted to the meeting, the businessman congratulated the head of state on the upcoming holiday - the International Day of Neutrality, noting that he was sincerely proud of the achievements of Turkmenistan in the new historical era.
Thanking for the warm congratulations and good wishes, as well as for participating in the celebrations on the occasion of the 27th anniversary of the neutral status of Turkmenistan, twice secured by the Resolutions of the UN General Assembly, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov noted that he was glad to welcome the guest to the ancient and hospitable Turkmen land.
Turkmenistan is in favor of establishing long-term partnerships with leading foreign companies, the head of state said, stating with satisfaction that Turkish companies, including Polimeks, have been successfully operating in the country for all these years, which have implemented a number of social and industrial projects.
Noting the proactive approach to cooperation on the part of Polimeks, which has established itself as a reliable and responsible partner, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov stressed that our state in its economic development is oriented towards attracting innovative developments of well-known foreign corporations and is ready for mutually beneficial cooperation.
Expressing the great interest of Polimeks in further participation in the large-scale reform programs implemented at the initiative of the President of Turkmenistan, designed to strengthen the power and authority of Turkmenistan, Erol Tabanca assured that the company he leads will continue to make every effort to clearly and rigorously fulfill its contractual obligations.
German Government allocates 55 million EUR to support the rehabilitation of a drinking water treatment plant in Batumi
On 7th of December 2022 KfW Development Bank, on behalf of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany, signs financing agreements of a total of 55 million EUR with the Government of Georgia, represented by the Ministry of Finance of Georgia for the fifth phase of the Municipal Infrastructure Batumi project.
For more than 16 years the project with a financing volume of around 138 million EUR was implemented for the creation of a modern water infrastructure in Batumi.
As a result, more than 200,000 people who previously had access to drinking water only for a couple of hours a day, are now continuously supplied with hygienically safe drinking water. Additionally, with the construction of a modern sewer system and wastewater treatment plant, wastewater is now professionally drained and cleaned. A new stormwater system and new stormwater pumping station have furthermore significantly reduced the risk of flooding the city center. Even dolphins have been seen from the beach again, which speaks for the improvement of see water quality.
The newly signed financing agreements will ensure that the improved supply of drinking water can be extended for the growing population of Batumi. An old drinking water treatment plant will be rehabilitated and adapted to the modern standards and the wastewater treatment plant will be expanded and equipped with sludge treatment and nutrient elimination systems.
The Government of the Federal Republic of Germany supports the project through KfW with a 53 million EUR loan and 2 million EUR grant for accompanying measures to support the municipal water supply company “Batumis Tskali”.
PRESIDENT SERDAR BERDIMUHAMEDOV MET WITH DEPUTY CHAIRMAN OF THE CABINET OF MINISTERS, MINISTER OF PRESIDENTIAL AFFAIRS OF THE UAE
On November 21, 2022, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov, as part of an official visit to the United Arab Emirates, met with Deputy Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers, Minister of Presidential Affairs of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The head of Turkmenistan expressed his heartfelt gratitude for the warm welcome and conveyed greetings from the Chairman of the Halk Maslakhaty of the Milli Gengesh Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov.
During the meeting, the importance of intensifying trade and economic ties was emphasized, issues of interaction in a number of promising areas were discussed, including in the fuel and energy sector, as well as in such areas as the oil refining, gas chemical industry and transport.
Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan confirmed the readiness of the UAE business community to expand a productive partnership with Turkmenistan, which is successfully implementing a far-sighted economic strategy.
The parties also noted the importance of building partnerships in the transport sector, in particular, in the field of maritime, rail and air traffic. In this context, the head of Turkmenistan stressed the relevance of establishing contacts with the International Port of Abu Dhabi in order to join the International Seaport of Turkmenbashi to the system of seaports of the world.
The interlocutors spoke for the importance of giving a new impetus to the activities of the Joint Committee on Cooperation between Turkmenistan and the United Arab Emirates, as well as for the expediency of holding regular meetings between representatives of the business circles of the two countries.
A proposal was also made to create a joint bank and open its representative office in both countries. President Serdar Berdimuhamedov supported this proposal, noting that Turkmenistan would create all opportunities for this.
Saying goodbye, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and Deputy Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers, Minister of Presidential Affairs of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan expressed confidence that the mutual desire to increase dialogue would be effectively implemented in practice for the benefit of the peoples of both countries.