Dead victim's Snapchat video from INSIDE Florida gay club
One of the Orlando massacre victims filmed the moment gunshots rang out as terrorist Omar Mateen carried out his massacre in Pulse nightclub on Sunday. Amanda Alvear, 25, shared the footage with friends on Snapchat. During the night she had posted a series of upbeat videos that showed her friends dancing to Latin music. But in the final clip on her profile, the night turns into a horror scene. Amanda tries to explain to the camera what is happening as quickfire gunshots blast in the background. Clutching her face and looking fearful, she whispers 'shooting' then turns and the video cuts. On Monday, Amanda was confirmed as one of the 49 people killed in the worst mass shooting in US history.
The brief video clip was posted on Facebook by Amanda's brother Brian. It shows people raising their glasses and dancing to loud music before the ominous last scene. In a status, he wrote: 'People keep asking? Yes this is Amanda, she was creating a snapchat story though the night this is the last time anyone saw her, after this she did receive and answer one call.'
GLOBALink | China sets example for developing countries: senior official of S. Africa's ruling ANC (VIDEO)
JOHANNESBURG, June 10 (Xinhua) -- China's socialism with Chinese characteristics is admirable and the country's extraordinary growth under the leadership of the CPC is an example for developing countries, said Deputy Secretary-General of South Africa's ruling ANC Jessie Duarte. #CPC100Years#GLOBALink
Produced by Xinhua Global Service
Video about Neutral Turkmenistan on display in Tbilisi
On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Permanent Neutrality of Turkmenistan and the International Day of Neutrality from December 9, 2020, the Embassy of Turkmenistan in Georgia on large monitors installed in the center of Tbilisi has launched a video dedicated to these significant events.
This is not the first video this year dedicated to the neutrality of Turkmenistan.
Thanks to the new video, the Georgian public can get to know more about Turkmenistan, its enormous successes in political, economic and cultural life.
The video will be displayed until 15 December 2020.
A video film is launched in the centre of Tbilisi in honour of the 25th Anniversary of Permanent Neutrality of Turkmenistan
In honor of the 25th Anniversary of Permanent Neutrality of Turkmenistan, the Embassy of Turkmenistan in Georgia has launched a demonstration of the video film dedicated to this important event. This film is displayed on a large monitor installed in the Tbilisi city centre, in front of the Tbilisi Concert Hall.
The video film demonstrates the cultural values, traditions and customs of Turkmenistan, as well as achievements in the fields of politics, economy, industry, agriculture, culture, art and sports.
As it is known, 2020 is declared in Turkmenistan as the Year of «Turkmenistan - Home of Neutrality». The slogan of 2020 is inseparably linked to humanistic principles, which are the basis of home and foreign policy of President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov who has developed universal formula of cooperation with the world community, which fully complies with global progressive tendencies of human development.
Due to the new video film presented, the Georgian public, as well as guests of Tbilisi have the opportunity to learn more about Turkmenistan.
Live Pay-Per-View Sports Event to be Offered in Ultra HD by iNDEMAND and SES Video
Cheyenne, Wyoming, 1 June 2018 – Sports fans across the US will be able to watch the first Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship since 1889 in Ultra HD, which will be delivered to Cable Pay TV providers and their 4K subscribers through iNDEMAND Pay-Per-View (PPV) via the SES Ultra HD platform.
SES announced today that the event, produced by Multivision Media, will be broadcast live from the Cheyenne Ice and Events Center in Cheyenne, Wyoming on 2 June at 9 pm ET. The 4K event will be available nationally to cable and IPTV providers signed on to SES’s pre-packaged 4K solution.
The 4K event will be delivered on the SES Events channel, which is part of the UHD line-up hosted on the SES Ultra HD platform. This channel is dedicated to live events and is readily available for Pay TV operators in North America who would like to broadcast in 4K. Past sporting events that were delivered in UHD on the SES Events channel include Bellator: Sonnen vs. Silva Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and the 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
The all-in-one Ultra HD offering, currently serving close to 40 Pay TV systems with a collective audience of more than 40 million subscribers, combines a growing channel line-up, satellite distribution, and reception gear. In addition to the SES channel dedicated to events, the line-up features Fashion One 4K, NASA TV UHD, 4K UNIVERSE, INSIGHT TV, C4K360, Funbox UHD, Travelxp 4K, Nature Relaxation 4K, The Country Network, UHD1, and the SES 4K channel, a developmental incubator for emerging content producers. With this bouquet of channels, SES hosts the largest single source of linear 4K content in the world.
“Events like the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship are immersive building blocks toward an exciting future in Ultra HD television,” said John Schultz, Vice President of Broadcast Operations for iNDEMAND. “The partnership between iNDEMAND and SES has been a tremendous driver behind the emergence of 4K pay-per-view sporting events, which offer up a compelling Ultra HD television viewing experience.”
“Live sports are accelerating demand for Ultra HD content like never before, as millions of consumers want to see 4K sports action on their new Ultra HD TV screens. The SES Ultra HD platform has broadcast the Olympics in 4K HDR to Pay TV providers and subscribers and now, together with iNDEMAND, SES is delivering yet another immersive event, in the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, which is bound to drive demand for 4K TV and the SES Ultra HD platform,” said Steve Corda, Vice President of Media Platforms, SES Video in North America. “The SES Events channel is readily available for live events to virtually every Pay TV operator across North America.”
“ENTERING THE GOLDEN AGE OF VIDEO”
SES organized press meeting to highlight the importance of Linear TV and Ultra HD as a key drivers of entertainment
TBILISI, 6 December 2017 – a world-leading satellite operator SES organized a meeting for Georgian media representatives -“Entering the Golden Age of Video”, to discuss the role and position of the TV in modern entertainment industry, main tendencies of millenials in regards of TV/video viewing experience and Ultra HD. The Meeting was held at the hotel “Biltmore Tbilisi”, which was attended by up to 10 leading media representatives.
The speaker of the meeting was:
- Nils-Filip Abrahamsson - Business Development Manager, Nordic, Baltic & Eastern Europe
Major notes from the speech of SES representative, Mr. Nils-Filip Abrahamsson:
- Video market is thriving with:
- Content consumption exploding
- Increased interest in HD
- Digital TV homes yet to come
- Ericsson Consumer Lab informs that percentage of consumers that watch any type of TV/Video content in different situation on a weekly basis is increasing from year to year;
- Percentage of consumers that watch any type of TV/video at home during the day has been almost doubled since 2013 (from 39% in 2013 to 67% in 2016). The highest percentage of consumers watch TV/video at home and mostly in the evening – 93%. The overall content consumption in different situations has also increased by 13-18%;
- Linear TV is being watched by all, including Millennials – time spent on watching linear TV by millennials is about 45% of total watching time (34 hrs per week), while 35+ age people spend 65% of their total watching time (28 hrs per week;
- Based on 11 markets across Europe, USA and Brazil - TV remains Key Form of entertainment in the evening - People mostly watch TV, when home during the evening;
- Ampere Analysis show that 95% of video revenue globally is based on TV;
- Consumers look for TV packages that offer both linear TV and OTT - the winning strategy according to SES is: Offering TV packages with both linear TV and OTT – “HD drives TV revenue”;
- SES have 1 billion viewers, operates in 325 million homes with 7,741 TV channels, 2,587 HDTV channels and 31 Ultra HD channels. Also SES operates with 40+ DTH platforms;
- Since 2012 SES video TV channels increased by 39% (HD +69%; SD +39%);
- SES is a worldwide leader having 83 Ultra HD channels globally and offering 34 UHD channels via satellites all over the world;
- It is forecasted that the number of UHD channels will increase by 33.7% annually.
- SES is delivering VoD services to underserved and unserved areas with limited broadband connectivity with more capabilities at cost-efficient prices.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator and the first to deliver a differentiated and scalable GEO-MEO offering worldwide, with more than 50 satellites in Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO) and 12 in Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). SES focuses on value-added, end-to-end solutions in two key business units: SES Video and SES Networks. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators, governments and institutions. SES’s portfolio includes ASTRA, O3b and MX1, a leading media service provider that offers a full suite of innovative digital video and media services. SES is listed on the Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange (ticker: SESG). Further information available at: www.ses.com